:::: APPOINTMENT PREPARATION :::::
- For those receiving Starter locs using the comb coil method, come as you are. You will receive a shampoo prior to the service.
- For those receiving Starter locs using the 2-strand twist and interlocking methods, please come with your hair already shampooed.
- For those receiving Starter locs using the loc extension method, please come with your hair clean (shampoo) and comb-through for easy parting.
- For those receiving Loc Maintenance using the Interlock and Sisterlocks method, please come with your hair already shampooed.
- For all services under the Braids or Twists styles, please come with your hair already shampooed and comb-through for easy parting. For braid/twists services that requires you to provide the hair; please find the type of hair below:
- Braid/Cornrow styles: X-Pression Ultra Braid or RastAfri brand is recommended
- Kinky Twist styles: Black N Gold "Dreadlock" brand or Magic Touch "afro kinky" brand are recommended
- Human hair kinky twist style: Fashion source or Beverly Johnson afro kinky human hair brands are recommended
:::: APPOINTMENT DEPOSIT :::::
To complete your booking of an appointment online, a deposit is no longer necessary. The system will ask for your credit card to be held in their secure system. The card is never charged unless there is a NO SHOW. Then 50% of the service price will be charged.
:::: CANCELLATIONS :::::
Cancellation for ANY STYLE will require a 48 HOUR NOTICE. If not honored then a $50 fee is due at the time of cancellation via Paypal; and/or if you made a deposit it will be used as the fee. However, if you do cancel in the right time frame and you have paid a deposit it will be transferred to the next appointment made; no refund.
PLEASE NOTE: If you DO NOT pay the cancellation fee and want another appointment, the Cancellation Fee ($50 via paypal) plus First Time Client Deposit ($50 via paypal) will be added to your service price. Your scheduling account will be deactivated and those fees will have to be paid before you can ever schedule another appointment.
:::: RUNNING LATE :::::
If by chance you are running late, you will have a 15 minute time frame to call OR text, Akiya (510) 560-HAIR (4247), letting me know you are going to be late. Most of the time, I have more than 1 person scheduled so, to make sure I don't rush on your head please let me know you are going to be late. If I don't hear from you in the 15 minute period the appointment will be canceled and if a deposit was made it will be used as the Cancellation Fee.
Consultations: if you are running late for a consultation appointment, there is only a 5 minute grace period. These meetings are only 10 - 15 minutes long. Running late please call or you will be cancelled.